***** Krik! Music Corner ****
Read the showbiz news from ALL OVER the world

This week's artist is....BRITNEY SPEARS!

By Krikor K.


The absolute princess of pop music for the latests years was born on 2 December 1982 in Kentwood (Louisiana), U.S.A. She started singing at a very young age and at her just 11 was the host of the "Mickey Mouse Club" along with Justin Timberlake and Christina Aguilera. At the age of 18 Spears released her first cd-single "Baby one more time" which was at the No 1 of the American charts since the very first week from its releasing. The same thing happened with her debut homonym album which was released at the late of 1999 and stayed No1 at the American charts for six weeks, propelling her to international stardom. Britney won two nominations at the 2000 Grammy Awards in the categories "Best new Artist" and "Best Female Pop Vocal Performance" for "Baby one more time" though she lost to Christina Aguilera and Sarah McLachlan .... The album "Baby one more time" includs many hits like "Baby one more time", "(You drive me)Crazy", "Born to make you happy", "Sometimes", "From the bottom of my broken heart"...etc...

from the video clip "Crazy"


from the video clip "Baby one more time"

Following the success of her first album, Britney released her 2nd album "Oops!...I Did it again" including worldwide hits such as "Oops!...I Did it again", "Stronger", "Lucky", "Don't let me be the last to know" and so many others! Britney released her thrid album "Britney" on November of 2001 without the same success with her two previous works. "Britney" though had many hits like "I'm slave 4 u", "Overprotected", "I'm not a girl not yet a woman" and the Joan Jett's "I love rock 'n' roll" cover. Britney had the lead role of the movie "Crossroads" using her song "I'm not a girl, not yet a woman" as the official soundtrack. Though the movie was poorly received by critics. Spears received a Razzie Award for "Worst Actress" and for "Worst Original Song" (I'm not a girl, not yet a woman)!

"Crossroads"


Britney Spears appeared on stage of 2003 MTV Music Awards performing among Christina Aguilera the song "Like a virgin". Madonna later joined on stage locking lips to each of the two super stars in a highly-publicized kiss!!!!



After two years, on November 2003 Britney released her 4th album "In the zone" spawing the hit "Toxic". "Toxic" made Britney for the first time winner of a Grammy Award (Best Dance Recording).
After her marriage to Kevin Federline, Spears released a best of album entitled "Greatest Hits : My prerogative". Britney's life seemed to be totally out of control after the rumors of her using drugs... After becoming twice a mother the problems were more and more day by day. She entered also a psychiatric hospital (the UCLA Medical Centre). Though she managed to make a huge "come back" to discography with her fifth album "Blackout". The new hit "Gimme more", which begining includes Britney saying "It's Britney b*tch", became a worldwide No 1 hit! "Piece of me" followed making her STILL the absolut princess of the pop music!!!


from the video clip "Gimme more"



Discography!

Albums
1. 1999 - Baby one more time
2.
2000 - Oops!...I Did it again
3.
2001 - Britney
4.
2003 - In the zone
5.
2004 - Greatest hits : My prerogative
6.
2005 - B in the mix - The Remixes
7.
2007 - Black0ut!

Singles

1. 1998 - Baby one more time
2.
1999 - (You drive me) Crazy
3.
1999 - Born to make you happy
4.
2000 - Lucky
5.
2000 - Oops!...I Did it again
6. 2003 - Me against the music ft. Madonna
7.
2004 - Toxic
8.
2004 - Everytime
9.
2007 - Gimme more

Watch some of the most famous videos of Britney Spears!

Britney Video Clips

Baby one more time --> here
(You drive me Crazy!) --> here
Sometimes --> here
From the bottom of my broken heart --> here
Born to make you happy --> here
Oops!...I Did it again! --> here
Stronger --> here
Lucky --> here
Don't let me be the last to know --> here
I'm not a girl, not yet a woman --> here
Overprotected --> here
I'm a slave 4 u --> here
Me against the music (ft. Madonna) --> here
Toxic --> here
Everytime --> here
Gimme more --> here
Piece of me --> here

Britney Live

"From the bottom of my broken heart / Baby one more time"
Live at the 2000 Grammy Awards
here

"(You drive me) Crazy"
Live in Italy
here

"Stronger"
Live in Germany
here
 

0 comments so far.

Something to say?