***** Krik! Music Corner ****
Read the showbiz news from ALL OVER the world

Congratulations Poland!

By Krikor K.
Poland... a fare - at least - victory at the
Eurovision Dance Contest 2008...


For the 2nd time in the history, EBU hosted the Eurovision Dance Contest in Glascow with 14 countries taking part. The hosts were Graham Norton and Claudia Winkleman which they did their job in an excellent way!

A special jury has been set for tonight's show :
. Gladys Tay from Singapoore - President of the jury
. Barbara Nagode Ambroz from Slovenia
. Michelle Ribas from France
. Sven Traut from Germany

Jury's voting counts just the 25% of the total voting. The rest 75% would come from the televoters!

All 14 x2 = 28 (!!) dancers gave their best and, to be honest, each country had something special and something different to show. Every single dancer danced very well so the jury and the televoters' role was kind of hard.

Though people and jury decided to award with 154 points the polish duet. Actor Marcin Mroczek and professional dancer Edyta Herbus managed to charm the European audience with their fusion of Rumba and Cha-Cha with Modern Jazz Dance flavour. The Polish entry collected 6 "12 points" and was one of the two countries (the second is Ukraine) which got votes from ALL the other countries... For the history, jury gave to Poland 40 points (10 + 10 + 12 + 8) placing them 6th from the total 14.

"Krik! Music Corner" wishes "CONGRATULATIONS" to Poland and the Polish (great) dancers for their victory and also congratulates Glascow for the great hospitality.

Below you can see the full ranking...

::....THE FINAL RANKING....::

Rank Country Points
01 Poland 154
02 Russia 121
03 Ukraine 119
04 Lithuania 110
05 Azerbaijan 108
06 Denmark 102
07 Greece 072
08 Portugal 061
09 Un. Kingdom 047
10 Finland 044
11 Ireland 040
12 Sweden 038
13 Austria 029
14 Netherlands 001



The full scoreboard in photo...



The jury's member...
 

2 comments so far.

  1. leonidiog September 6, 2008 at 3:34 PM
    Καλησπέρα από Λεωνίδιο.
  2. Krikor K. September 6, 2008 at 10:56 PM
    Γεια σου και απο μένα! :))

Something to say?